By the end of September, ATV/UTV users in Delaware County will be able to ride on the Class B road located in Fountain Springs Park.
Delaware County Supervisors held the second and final reading of proposed changes to County Ordinance #39, which prohibited ATVs and UTVs on Class B roads in the county.
ATV/UTV operations will be limited only on the Fountain Springs Road. All other Class B roads will remain off-limits for ATV/UTV vehicles.
The ordinance states that “All-terrain vehicles and off-road utility vehicles shall not be operated on Class B or Class C roads except operation is allowed on the Class B road located in Fountain Springs Park.”
Supervisors also approved the final payment of $199,979 to the Vontalge Family Partnership for the site of the new sheriff’s department and jail. With the final payment, county officials expect to begin construction of the jail this fall.
County Engineer Anthony Bardgett reported on the following projects:
• X31 Paving Project: LL Pelling is working on the final surface lift this week.
• C64 Paving Project (Highway 13 to 200 Avenue): River City Paving finished the mainline paving. They still need to complete shoulders and paving markings.
• Hartwick Road Patching: Midwest Construction is planning to finish their work early this week.
• Maintenance Crew: Crews are working on concrete patches in the Edgewood area.
• RTA Bus Garage: Work is continuing on internal rooms. A ribbon-cutting is set for Monday, Sept. 30 at noon.