On the evening of Nov. 9, 1938, 9-year-old Susi Hilsenrath and her brother Joseph went to bed excited about their mother’s birthday the next day.
A Breckenridge, Colo., doctor with Northeast Iowa ties brings his service to people in remote corners of the world who need basic medical care. Through his Doctors to the World foundation, Edgewood native Craig Perrinjaquet has helped people in Honduras, Haiti, northern Sudan and Nepal.
Centuries ago, Jesuit missionaries encouraged the native Chiquito Indians of South America to create their own, baroque-style music, and to often incorporate their native language and musical instruments. Lost for centuries, musicologist and missionary, Rev. Piotr Nawrot, SVD, discovered hun…
Like most people, Kelly Salow was brought up to believe that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. So when the rural Delhi man opened up his email on Feb. 27 and read an invitation for an all-expense paid trip to Turkey to showcase his wood carving for World Wood Day, he d…
- Authorities: Farley man arrested on rape charge
- Authorities: Arrest made in connection to August accident that injured 3
- MercyOne introduces program to support veterans
- The Last Lifeboat hits the stage at WD
- What did he say? Comments of Earlville man convicted of killing wife at center of request for new trial
- Theisen’s awards $350,000
- 35 calves killed in Dubuque County barn fire
- Dyersville Police Report
- Police Report, Nov. 20
- Farley hires new police chief
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.