I serve as a (volunteer) member of the Dubuque County Compensation Board. The compensation board is comprised of appointees from Dubuque County’s elected officials (treasurer, recorder, auditor, attorney, sheriff and supervisors). Each elected official appoints one member to the board. The members of the Board of Supervisors are allotted a total of two appointments. The current guidelines suggest that the compensation board should advocate for salary increases based on the county populations (Dubuque is No. 8 in population of Iowa’s 99 Counties). Also, we are not supposed to consider any other benefits except salaries. Dubuque county has a very significant health insurance plan; better than nearly all other County health plans. Every year certain elected officials’ representatives advocate for salary increases of 10%, 12%, 15% or more. The Board of Supervisors ask their representatives to hold the line at a cost-of-living type of increase. Since his election to the Board of Supervisors in 2016, Dave Baker has been the taxpayer’s representative and voice in this process. This past year, Baker insisted that the recommended 12% salary increases be rolled back to 3% for elected official(s) and numerous deputies (who also receive the same percentage increases as the applicable elected official). By the way, the Board of Supervisors received the lowest salary increases of any Dubuque County employees; less than 1%. We need to keep our watchdog (Dave Baker) in place by re-electing him Nov. 3 for four more years.
- Four long months brings the Rauschs two beautiful gifts
- Popular Dyersville restaurant temporarily closing due to COVID-19 impacts
- 2 charged after woman shot by 2-year-old in Dyersville
- Beckman Catholic FFA Wins Iowa FFA Veterinary Science CDE
- White Sox to host Yankees in Field of Dreams game on Aug. 12
- Authorities: Man pulls knife on electrical worker in Dyersville
- Court denies appeal of former Dubuque County man who sexually abused child
- Christmas Giveaway round one winners announced
- Grant provides boost for new pump/remodel at Barrett Auto
- Dubuque County man sentenced to prison for sex crime
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.