The “sound” of music that resonated before Christmas by the Lemon Sisters now jingles as a never-to-be-forgotten memory; therefore, our 2019 toy project will be dedicated to the Lemon Sisters as a way of saying thank you for all the years they made children the reason for the season.
Here is my summarized list of new items that are needed to make shopping for our toy project easier:
1. Paper products — toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, wrapping paper, paper plates and napkins.
2. Cleaning products — laundry, hand and dish soap.
3. Toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss or any personal hygiene products.
4. Men’s gloves, hankies, billfolds, underwear and work socks.
5. Women’s socks, towels, dish rags, hand creams, lotions and bath gel.
6. Young adults, bath and body works, socks, craft kits, hats and gloves.
7. Children need underwear, socks, games, puzzles, jewelry, hats, gloves and any kind of warm winter wear.
8. I will welcome any new toys you would like to bring from infants to adults.
9. Christmas decorations — new or used.
This has been an extra-ordinary year because I received many new and used donations which helped numerous people enhance their way of life. Please bear in mind that from the time of this letter until the first of the year, I will not be accepting used items unless it would be clean, warm, winter wear. Please note the word clean as I do not have time to wash used clothing at this time of the year.
As with any organization that helps others, cash donations are always welcome and I use rather sparingly to cover real needs.
I am bursting with gratitude for the continued support of this community and I thank you with the most grateful heart.
If you have questions, please call me at 875-8742 or my cell which is 563-542-6953 with regard to our toy project. If you want to come and see what transpires here, please give a call.