I find at this time of year, I am making a list and checking it twice or checking in to see what is imprinted on my floppy disk. My brain isn’t always up to par so I rely on a list.
Before I begin my wish list for my project, I need to interject a few announcements.
1. Beginning Nov.24, I will be shutting down my used area until after the first of the year. Please read carefully.
2. Due to COVID-19, I will be executing the picking up of gifts as I did last year because I don’t want extra bodies in the basement. Hopefully next year, I can allow people in to make their own selections.
3. My list of needs starts with warm winter wear of caps, gloves, coats etc.
4. Paper products and cleaning supplies.
5. Socks and underwear for all sizes both kids and adults.
6. Men’s gloves and socks are in high demand.
7. I like to remember mothers also with warm socks, hand soap, or good-smelling lotions.
8. Books (Oh, you might know after my years at the library, I would have a love of books).
9. Toys, games, puzzles, dolls, etc.
10. Craft kits are very high in demand to occupy the children.
These are only suggestions. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (563) 875-8743. The only used items I want during this time are holiday decorations.
I want to share a word of sincere thanks to this community for the continued support I receive daily. Our business people support this project in a big way and I am indebted to them for their huge generosity. Individual donations this year surpassed all of my previous years. When you donate to our toy project, folks who need those items will have a new lease on life.
In thanksgiving for each of you and may you be blessed forever.