I was at Randy’s Food Mart today and had an amazing experience. A young man came up to me and asked if I was a Vietnam veteran. I told him that I was and he thanked me for my service to our country. He shook my hand and walked away. Soon after, a check-out clerk came to me and handed me a $20 bill. She said that a young man told her to find me and give it to me. I’ve never had an experience like that before. I hope that he reads the Dyersville Commercial and sees this letter. I truly appreciate what he did. I hope that he realizes how much the experience meant to me. It’s nice to know that there are young people who really appreciate veterans.
- Court reporter promotes profession
- New taproom, coffee shop to open as neighbors in Peosta
- Police report, April 7
- Handing over the reins
- Western Dubuque will present Elf
- Donald Offermann
- Ed-Co will discuss lifting mask mandate
- Authorities: Child struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Peosta
- Peosta residents get closer look at future parks, trails
- Council splits mowing contract
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.